View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #32
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cozy and Bobarian's Blind Tasting Pt 2

I think these can benefit from some rest. It was an EO 21, a bundle smoke from the makers of 601 and Cubao. Described as a mild, I find them closer to a medium. Some nice spicyness, but still a little rough around the edges. I would like to try one of these with 6 months to a year of rest to see if the blend mellowed a bit. Your review was pretty much spot on.

I smoked #5 tonight, another robusto sized stick. Natural Colorado or maybe Havana seed wrapper. Seemed too golden to be a Connie. Some toothiness, but no veins or imperfections.

Started off very nice, hint of pepper with some nice earthy background. But the nose exhale seemed to say Nic and not Cuba. Pepper and spice picked up about 1/3rd in, burn was a bit wavy but did not require any touchups. I didnt pay attention to the ash as I was trying to figure out the flavors. Seemed to be wanting to have a twang but the pepper kept coming through. This could be a young Boli or Partagas, but I am thinking more likely Pepin. Which Pepin? Seemed stronger than the Cabiguan I had last night, I havent had a JJ in a long time so I will guess a Pepin JJ. Another cigar that I think would benefit from 6 months rest.

Thanks Craig for another great round of tastings!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote