View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #86
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Creating my Smoking Lounge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra03 View Post
Looks awesome Jon. Im coming down to Richmond the second week of July if your around i'd love to stop over and see it in person.
Scott, as far as I'm tracking right now we'll be around in early July. Let me know when you're in town and we can set something up for a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hem View Post
That lounge is going to be awesome! Was the wood hard to put down? We are seriously considering doing it ourselves in our home but I don't have any experience with it. We were shooting for some laminate or composite..the real stuff is EXPENSIVE! lol
I went with the laminate as well, and it wasn't hard to put down in my opinion. It was my first experience laying it and it went smoothly. My only real suggestion is making sure you have a sliding miter saw because a regular miter isn't big enough to cut through the pieces. Other than that, it is really just cutting it to fit and using the spacers. I think we're going to end up using this in more of the house now that I know how. Real wood is super expensive, I agree. My dogs have totally ruined the real wood we have in the house so I'll never use it again.