View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: LG -vs- Opus. And the winner is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyD View Post
Great review,Great idea. Thanks for the good read. Next time if I have the time to go we can do old palletv.s colege kid pallet v.s fresh new pallet. Maybe next time you could get 6 unbanded cigars to do a trio of a pair of review, but it'd have to some from a source that only knows what he sent..
That might be an interesting "game," but the actual thought behind this was something in the works for a while - a Lutheran minister and a Traditional Jew teaming up to do a review. We have bandied about the starting of some sort of way for us to do regular reviews. MJ and I have also talked about doing a side-by-side review of the Opus and an LG before.

So, thanks for the offer, but...

As for doing blind reviews? Been there, done that! It is a great way to review cigars. Indeed, I might, at some point in the future be enticed to do so. But, I don't smoke enough cigars to give up the time to put into a "blind" review. When I have a cigar I pair it with what is going on and what I might be drinking. Smoking cigars blind doesn't allow me to do that. In fact, I have in the past, sat down with a friend and a beverage and a cigar to smoke blind, and gotten thoroughly ticked off. Why? Because I had promised to review the cigar and it didn't pair well, in fact, it sucked (to my palate) and ruined what might have been an enjoyable evening. So, blind reviews probably won't happen.

I could see a blind comparison smoke though, where we know the brands involved, but the two cigars are same size, shape, color wrapper, etc... It would have to be cigars that we want to smoke in comparison to one another.

Corey, when we get together we can do a pass and compare tasting notes on a cigar, but not every cigar I smoke is one I reveiw. Sometimes, usually in fact, I smoke to enjoy myself and smoking to review often gets in the way of enjoyment.

Peace of the Lord be with you.