Old 11-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
DonnieW
I'm around...

First Name: Donnie
Trading: (11)
Partagas
DonnieW has disabled reputation
Default Cigar Caddy Custom Trays

I love my Cigar Caddy's to death. Those of you who own Caddy's know their pros and cons, so I won't dwell. Personally, the only thing I dislike about the Caddys are their foam trays. They certainly have form and function, but handling them is another story. They're flimsy and can be a challenge to shuffle or pass around. Looking at some of the comments in " What do you DISLIKE about your Cigar Caddy?" thread, I realized there were a couple other things I wish the Caddy had. While I've got my lighter and Palio on me all the time, it would be great to have a backup lighter and cutter in the Caddy. So with a VERY rare quiet day, I got to work and built myself some trays.

The ubiquitous Cigar Caddy:

The stock foam trays:

Custom made 1/4" Spanish Cedar Trays:

The bottom:

The middle:

The top is all business :

The trays are fitted and relieved to the Caddy so that they don't move around, just the same, the foam on the top stays in place to add a little down-force. While I've found the sticks are perfectly fine moving around a bit, I have some foam 'bumpers' that will go on the inside of each cigar slot. I have a small tube of beads that fits in one of the cigar slots which provides plenty of humidification. Overall I've officially lost 3 cigar slots, but am happy to have traded that for the cutter and lighter section. More importantly... I now have STURDY trays and my Cigar Caddy has never smelled better.

Donnie