View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Air filters & you: The quest for cleaner air.

The plot thickens!! DUN DUN Duhhhhhh!!!
So, I’ve been staying in a house for the last year that has been in my family for some time. Reason I mention that is because my grandfather built this house in the mid 1950’s! I was looking for a pair of pliers in his shop room and somehow finally noticed this was there the whole time.
Now while I admittedly don’t know a lot about fans, I believe this fan is newer than the 50s, but is definitely still old.
It has a flue of sorts that opens and closes with ease, and runs perfectly and oddly enough, far more quietly than I had expected!
Only downside is that it is mounted on the ceiling of the shop room, which is really hard to get to unless I were to build myself a very tall man-baby-cigar-highchair.
8lug mentioned HVAC flex ducting which I would imagine would work quite well in tandem with this thing, however I don’t really see a good spot to use one of those larger style hose clamps...anyone have any ideas on that? I suppose duct tape is always a last resort provided it doesn’t get hot after running for a while, but I’d prefer to not to be the duct tape guy haha...
But so yeah, I’m thinking with this bad boy running for the duration of a cigar, and being careful to blow smoke in to the ducting, once cigar is over I can run the rabbit air to clean whatever residual cigar funk may be left over!
Any thoughts or questions?

gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote