View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tequila Thread!!!1

Moses,

Cazadores appeared at CA Costco about 3 years ago, then spread to other liquor shops. $30 per one LITER bottle, like I said, at Costco. At Trader Joe's and others, it is same price but for a 750ml bottle. Reposado was the only version they produced originally, but lately have also released Anejo, which I have not tried yet (I usually dislike most Anejos due to too much oak flavoring). And theirs looks reddish in color so that tells me it is color adjusted as well (same as with most cognacs).

All I can tell you is that tequila selection here in CA is much, much better than that on the Right Coast, but the same can be said about wine as well (when it comes to Left Coast produced wines), not surprising of course. Prices are also much better due to higher competition and availablility.

If you like Cazadores, try Partida, they range from $45-60 (Blanco to Anejo), its a definite step up in flavor, IMO. I went through a good number of higher end tequilas in the last 15+ years I've been drinking them and when I tasted this one I had an eye opening experience, they are better than pretty much any $100+ bottle out there. I was introduced to it by the GM of a Santa Monica restaurant, they have 80+ premium tequilas on their list, and this was his favorite, I couldn't agree more.

Browse Hi Time Wine and Liquor shop's selection, they are in SoCal (Newport Beach area), its a tequila museum of best of the best, all at gret prices. Same for cognac and wine, BTW. At least I have not found any place in SF area to match their selection and every time I go to Orange County I make sure to stop buy the place. They do ship.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote