Old 05-12-2022, 09:28 PM   #4
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Plasencia Alma Fuerte Generacion V Salomon

Smoking one of the last 2 cigars from the box that I last did a review from.

I was playing some humidor Tetris and discovered 2 of these in a random box. So I decided today was as good as any to smoke one. My last review was from exactly 3 years ago, so let's see how these have aged.

TL;DR version: All I can say is...WOW. I shoulda bid on a few more boxes.

The first 1/3 is a bit smoother than I remember. The honey I tasted in the original review is still there, which is awesome.

Looking at my original review, I noted a coconut flavor. I'm not tasting it in this one. The honey and woodsy flavors are dominant. I am really digging that honey flavor, as it's not a flavor I taste regularly in cigars. That has got to be a specific leaf they are adding to the blend. Just a couple of minor burn corrections.

Slow burn! At about 1 hr, I'm barely reaching the halfway point. Honey and woodsy flavors are still at the forefront. Burning very evenly.

Toward the end...the woodsy has overpowered the honey, but those are still the dominant flavors. I let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...DAMN! I really shoulda shelled out the cash for a few more boxes of these. Retail price is around $200/box of 10. I paid $120 at auction prices, and I'm regretting only buying 2 boxes.

EDIT: total smoking time 1 hr, 40ish min.

Last edited by borndead1; 05-12-2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: smoke time
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote