View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
njstone

Default Re: What the heck, man?

The SW with the wrapper pealing away is VERY VERY fixable. That happens to sticks all the time--not quite enough glue used during rolling, or it got a bit dry at some point maybe. Just get some "Cigar Glue" or pectin (this is what the rollers use). I got a small jar of Cigar Glue from Heartfelt and it has saved me SO much money on potentiallly ruined cigars. I've saved some that I thought for sure were toast. You'll be able to glue that wrapper down and it should smoke absolutely perfectly (let it dry first, though).

As for the green blotches--they don't look nice, but they don't mean anything bad. They're just naturally occurring sun spots on the leaf. I'm pretty surprised they made it past quality control at My Father Cigars factory, but nobody's perfect.

The Regios/J21 Reserva looks crushed to me. Sometimes you see the "exploded" look on a stick that went up in humidity way too fast after being too dry, but that's typically at the foot not the head (unless you had beads resting right on the head or something). You could try Cigar Glue on it--you'd be suprised at how often that does a good enough job. If it were me, I'd just cut the cigar below all that mess when I smoked it. That might cause the wrapper to want to unravel a bit, but at least you'll get a good smoke out of it rather than losing the whole cigar.