View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #1392
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

Went to bottle the first of a 5 gallon batch of a Scottish ale my friend and I brewed. My half of a 10 gallon batch which he got half of. I split into thirds, flavoring one with Scotch soaked oak blocks, one with heather tips and the last plain. Today was the plan one. When I opened the bucket, there was a film across the top. Something infected it, most likely some type of lacto bacteria. Well crap. Still bottled anyway. I'll see what it tastes like after conditioning. Checked the others, looks like they have it too. Not sure where it came from, but likely I didn't do a good enough job sanitizing something during the transfer.