View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I really like to do my beans under the butt like that. One thing that I didn't mention is that I cut way back on the salt that I use in the beans. I have enough salt in my run that drips off the butt that it makes the beans way too salty if I don't. But I really like the flavor my "butt drippins'" give my beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Made this yesterday as a birthday gift to a friend. I started it at 9:00 PM, refilled the charcoal at 5:00 AM and finished the 8 LB Butt around 10:30. The Boston baked beans finished around 11:30 AM with overnight soaked Navy beans. This is my first time cooking beans under the butt and it worked well. There's enough juice and fat to cook the beans uncovered! I trimmed a little off the butt and put in the beans at start. Quite happy with the results with both.

I used Kingsford Competition with about 10 cinamon sticks and about 5 chunks of local applewood.