View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #2698
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Nice looking shop on line, probably better in-person. Glad you got a tin of BC Darren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
Let me know how you like the BC. I just smoked a bowl on the way in to work and continue to really enjoy it.

Also, since you gravitate toward the English blends, be sure to try GLP's Gaslight. I got a few samples of it with some tin orders and enjoyed it very much. I plan to buy a few tins on my next shopping spree

What does "counter sink the tenon" mean?
I'm smoking some BC in my new Ropp Silhouette prince. I like it! I have it in a tobacco jar I picked-up on the 'Bay. I'll post pix tomorrow in the purchase thread. Counter-sinking a tenon is actually just like it sounds: use a drill bit, by hand, to open the opening of the tenon such that it's funnel shaped. I imagine that it smooths out the air flow.
Wow, this BC stays lit and cool. The pipe, itself, is silent. I'm learning to time my puffs with my breathing and it helps a lot. Gaslight caught my eye and the description sounds good, so I was looking at that, as well. It caught my eye, because I like the movie so I got the reference. I still have a couple of tobaccos sitting around that I haven't tried yet: the Iwan Ries Three Star Blue that they sent free with the Ropp (another crossover, from the description), and the Comoy's Cask Nš 2 (a bit more aromatic). I'll probably get to them in the next couple of days. I'm only smoking a half bowl as its the pipe's first smoke, but this BC develops a bit as you go. Thanks again for the help, everyone!