View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
Cigary

Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Are you doubting me, sucka?

Dog Rocket #4

From Silound's description: God only knows where these came from, I’ve had them so long I think they’re multiplying. I got a box of 100 at one time as give-away cigars. They came looking like hell. Marketed as Honduran, these may at best be what was scraped up from a dead Honduran dog.

My take: A perfecto shape cigar, similar to a Hemingway...that has been dropped, run over, and kicked across the road. Man, this thing is beat up. The head is split, the foot is split, there is a big gaping tear in the wrapper...but surprisingly it draws perfectly and burns well too.

Honestly, this cigar was not bad at all. Mild, nice amount of smoke, flavor was one-dimensional but not bad at all. If I had to guess, I would say it was a JR Alternative to a Hemingway.

So far, the first 2 have been dog rockets, #3 was a fantastic smoke and I truly believe Silound made a mistake ...and dog rocket #4 was not a premium smoke but in my opinion not what I would consider a dog rocket.

I met KenS, Lee, and HK3 for a smoke today. Ken was nice enough to snap a pic:

EDIT: Man, I gotta figure out how to post full sized pics. I tried it a few times and apparently I am a moron. Sorry for the tiny pic!
Was laughing at the start and thought this cigar was going to circle the drain for you,,,but guess it turned out pretty decent. I like surprises like that. As far as being to post full sized pics,,,,,download the pic to your User file where you have pictures and albums and then click on your pic and get the www. link and copy and paste into the thread,,,PM me if you need more help. When I first tried to do this I got all worked up and had to have someone babystep me thru the process.