View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #45
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
The big question is, will they both make it past "cigar #7?" Stay tuned folks

Are you doubting me, sucka?

Dog Rocket #4

From Silound's description: God only knows where these came from, I’ve had them so long I think they’re multiplying. I got a box of 100 at one time as give-away cigars. They came looking like hell. Marketed as Honduran, these may at best be what was scraped up from a dead Honduran dog.

My take: A perfecto shape cigar, similar to a Hemingway...that has been dropped, run over, and kicked across the road. Man, this thing is beat up. The head is split, the foot is split, there is a big gaping tear in the wrapper...but surprisingly it draws perfectly and burns well too.

Honestly, this cigar was not bad at all. Mild, nice amount of smoke, flavor was one-dimensional but not bad at all. If I had to guess, I would say it was a JR Alternative to a Hemingway.

So far, the first 2 have been dog rockets, #3 was a fantastic smoke and I truly believe Silound made a mistake ...and dog rocket #4 was not a premium smoke but in my opinion not what I would consider a dog rocket.

I met KenS, Lee, and HK3 for a smoke today. Ken was nice enough to snap a pic:

EDIT: Man, I gotta figure out how to post full sized pics. I tried it a few times and apparently I am a moron. Sorry for the tiny pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dogrocket4.jpg (4.7 KB, 432 views)
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote