View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Boycotting the NFL in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think this is going to be a protest of one person, but I am not going to watch NFL football in 2012.
Say what you want about the Saints, as a lifetime fan, I dealt with people thinking we were the junk
of the NFL for over 40 years, and though it seems that the Saints ignored warnings and even lied about
bounties, I challenge anyone to prove to me that it was a one team deal.
The punishments were egregious
to boot, with one year suspensions for 2 or more major people. This hurts Drew Brees, this hurts Saints fans,
this hurts the city of New Orleans. So the NFL can kiss my entire a$$ in 2012, and we'll see where it goes
from there. I may be done with them altogether. I gave up the NBA in the 80s and never watched another game.
I hear where you're coming from, but it sounds like you believe that they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions because they aren't the only ones doing it. If this is the case, then, at which point should they be held accountable? Would it therefore be reasonable to say that no one should get a speeding ticket because others get away with it?