View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #1057
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Yea, have been watching their scores at the 2 showcases. They have been struggling to say the least.

Some of that info seems off, the team is not new....meaning, it's just Oly's(Darryl Olsen) team from last year, some kids aged out, new kids in ect. But he's been coaching the 16's for years, the organization just joined the NJPHL & started an U18, which they have never had before(so the 18's are new).

Not sure about the other logistics, assuming all eating together and whatnot, the travel is significant and I know a lot of the parents are not traveling with the kids, so maybe it is to assure they are eating & eating right.

I find it hard to believe that they are paying 10K and not having some type of travel included? Though admittedly, I don't know. I do know that the WMAHA(organization) is non-profit, so they have to be spending all 10K each kid is giving, towards the hockey related activities(impossible to spend that on ice time?). They actually gave us back money last year(from fees) that was not used.

4th out of 10 isn't bad at all! Good luck in NY!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote