View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #1050
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Good night I am not digging current schedule.
Monday mite travel practice
Tuesday in house squirt practice. Playing up in squirt gold against almost all 10 year olds.
Wednesday mite travel practice
Thursday is swimming then judo
Saturday in house and some travel games.

Upside they played first official scrim as inhouse team and he lead his team in scoring and looked great.
....I feel for you brother.... Pleased to hear the House League moved M up.....think it will be better for him, as well as the league. That could have been ugly....

I'm in the same boat, between soccer and hockey, I am quite a taxi for the Little One....though we double up on 2 days and usually have 3 days off. I'll be happy when soccer ends the end of October, though I fear her coach is going to be upset when we don't commit fully to the Winter futsal and indoor leagues.

Monday - Off
Tuesday - U10 Lightning + U10 Max Soccer
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Soccer
Friday - Soccer + U10 Hockey
Saturday - U12 Lady Lightning games(starting Oct) + U10 Lightning practice/games + Soccer games
Sunday - usually off, but have U10 Lightning practice this week.

^^^ Not bad for a U8 girl.... On the flip side, they have been working on lines and I think they are putting her at D. She is not too keen on this, feeling like she is going to sacrifice scoring. I reminded her that her brother was the 3rd leading scorer for the HS team last year, playing D.... Her response, "Yea, but that is because of his slapshot....I can't do that."

I feel fortunate that I no longer have to taxi the Little Man, he's on the ice pretty much daily, sometimes twice a day, between Regulators and the High School. I don't know how I'd do both. Not too pleased that I have to miss the first HS game(pre season) of the season tonight, due to Lightning practice for the Little One... Life of a hockey parent.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote