View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #98
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

Cigar #8

Construction: 5x54 dark brown wrapper
The cigar looks like it has been dried out and rehumidified. The foot has expanded and is starting to crack. The wrapper is very brittle.

Pre-Light: smooth draw, cedar flavor

1st Third: Upon lighting I detect both a grassiness and coffee flavors. Coffee and sweetness are now dominant; the grassiness is gone. The burn on this cigar is horrible; I've had to make three corrections in the first two inches alone. The flavor is great, however.

2nd Third: The cigar reminds me of a Mayorga maduro; great on flavor, but horrible burn. It still has a coffee/cocoa, sweet flavor. I really enjoy the flavor, but the burn is annoying. I discovered that the wrapper has been dyed. It's getting sticky and my fingertips are turning brown. Flavor is still good though.

Final Third: I barely got into the last third before I put it out. My fingers are very sticky and brown, and the burn is too annoying to keep touching up. I liked the flavor, but the construction and dye forced me to put it down.

Final Thoughts: This cigar could have had potential, but the dyed wrapper and burn issues ruined the cigar. I did enjoy the coffee and sweet flavors it produced, but it wasn't worth putting up with the nasty, sticky, brown residue all over my fingers. I greatly enjoyed this cigar until the dye got in my way. I would say that this is not a Reyes cigar because of the flavor, but it may be Reyes due to the construction. I do not know if Reyes dyes their maduro wrapper or not.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote