View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Of The Day : Lingerie Dresser

This is a shot of some of the face parts being cut on the Shopbot. I made most all the parts on the cnc, they turn out perfect. It takes a bit more time and there's a lot more head work and time spent in software on the computer, but it's really no different than cutting the parts on the table saw when you get right down to it.

This is a pic of what I think is most of the parts sitting on my rolling bench. I believe I have two more base parts to cut to finish the carcass, then I'll begin the drawers when my tools get here. I'll need to cut a lot of pieces for inside the carcass, mainly drawer glader and support hardware. I'll need to make some support corners for the base, too.

This is the last pic. This big piece will be the back of the dresser. I used biscuit joinery to put it together. The face parts will be mortise and tenon, while the drawers will be box joints (square dovetail). I may use some crazy geometric joints on the drawers if I have time to mess with the files I have for creating them. I may save that until later, it'd something I want to do with humidors.

I'll try to remember to update this thread as I put the dresser together. It'll take me a few weeks at least, I'm hoping I can have it done before Christmas.