View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #57
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

Cigar #4

Construction: 5x50 dark brown maduro wrapper, solid stick, overall nice appearance

Pre-Light Draw: coffee flavor, nice smooth draw

1st Third: I taste chocolate after the first few puffs. The draw may be a little too wide/loose, but I can adapt to that. Very slight hints of pepper. For the most part this cigar is sweet and smooth. A medium-full bodied smoke. I am enjoying this cigar.

2nd Third: Still enjoying this stick. Sweetness with a little earthiness combine for a nice experience. The burn is a little crooked; I had to touch it up twice so far. The burn does not detract from my enjoyment.

Final Third: Earthiness is more dominant. I'm not a fan of earthy flavor (Ghurka), but it's working for me with this cigar. The burn is still not very even, requiring touchups, but it's still not to the point of detracting from my overall enjoyment. With about an inch left, the stick got too hot and I had to put it down. I wish it could have lasted longer.

Final Thoughts: I liked this cigar. It's the best of the bunch so far. This is not a Reyes product.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote