View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #47
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

Cigar #3

Construction: 5x54 natural, very thin wrapper. Very loosely rolled. A cheap quality cigar by looks alone.

Pre-light: tastes bitter

1st Third: Starts out very harsh with a grassy flavor. Very harsh through the nose. A slight sweetness is detected when exhaling from the mouth, but harshness through the nose. Mildewy flavors appear. If I weren't a "nose smoker", this cigar wouldn't be that bad, but I do not like it so far.

2nd Third: Hay and grass appear. Sweetness is very faint. Still harsh through the nose. The draw is very loose adn smokes fast (not necessarily a bad quality in my book). Sweet flavor returns near the end of the 2nd third; the harshness begins to mellow. I'm finally enjoying the cigar (at this point). If I wasn't writing a review, I would not have waited this long for the cigar to mellow out. Still a bit grassy and hay, but not bad at this point.

Final Third: The harshness returns. Grassiness continues. Sweetness is gone. I put it out with an inch left unsmoked.

Final Thoughts: The end of the second third was good, but I normally wouldn't suffer through a harsh stick like this just to hit the "sweet spot". I wasn't a fan of this cigar, and would guess that it was a Reyes product.

Insert quote here.

Last edited by Starscream; 07-22-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote