View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Deep! Deep! Crust Hot and Ready from L.C.'s

What the heck, I put this in the Photography thread since I was eating it for lunch, but I had to use
a compact P&S camera to shoot it, so as a photograph, it'sa pretty a-poor, paisan. I went to
Piggly Wiggly to pick up a whole Ribeye since they were on sale, but since the store is in such a
bad neighborhood, you essentially have to ASK the butcher to bring you one out. Otherwise, dudes
be puttin em down dey pants leg and $hi+. And since there was no butcher in sight, I decided to just
go pick up a Hot and Ready Pizza from L.C.s. As 'luck' would have it, they were putting their new deep
dish pizza out as a H&R item, so I figured I would give it a shot. Spoiler alert, you might wanna pass.

As you can see from the photos, the pizza comes as two square pizzas in a box, and it is over an inch thick.
Before you start to drool, what you end up with is 4/5 crust and 1/5 cheese and sauce and pepps. Now granted,
for $8.00, you aren't gonna get Chicago Style Deep Dish ANYWHERE, but when you are L.C., maybe you shouldn't
TRY to do a deep dish if this is how you are gonna do it. Again, I would suggest passing on it
unless you are hungry, have $8.00, and do not care that it is a big-a55 box o crust. And when weighed
against their regular hot and ready pepperoni pizza, this thing is practically STACKED with toppings, lol.
Its ALSO $3.00 MORE than a standard H&R pizza, so that is not a fair comparison. So check out
the photos and judge for yourself.

TO ME, as a hot and ready item that you do not have to wait for, even with the extra three dollars
outlay, it is not a bad deal. But it is not what I would term a deep dish pizza. And you should know
going in what you will get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC15300.jpg (65.0 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15301.jpg (49.8 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg SDC15307.jpg (43.1 KB, 233 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote