View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Thinking of a small cellar

So I was thinking of picking up some wines for aging long term. My collection never consists of more than a few bottles, and never get to age for more than a month or 2. I keep my cigar cooler in the basement in the corner, and thinking it would be a good spot to build a smaller wine rack. The temp stays around 60 year round. I guess my question is what wines are appropriate for aging, and if a simple rack in my basement would be sufficient for such aging. I prefer fuller bodied, drier reds. Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite, and has been for quite some time. Have not got into burgundy's yet, but only because there is no one local who carries anything. I do also like the other end of the spectrum, Pinot noir, but for some reason I believe they will not age well, since they are so light to begin with.

Any input from the wine gurus here is much appreciated! With knowledge of if I can store wines in that climate long term, and suggestions of cases to buy to age. By that I mean, I have not tried many, but stick to the ones I really enjoy. My favorite cab right now is frei brothers. Absolute best I've had so far.

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote