View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maybe Even Better Than Cigars...

I love tools. Woodworking tools are my favorite, but I'm just a flat-out tool buying pig. Even worse than cigars. In fact, way worse than cigars.

Every time I undertake a big project, I always buy a tool. I've been doing that for the last 30 years, I bet. My brother put it in my head cause when we were kids we always needed tools to do cement jobs or digging jobs or whatever we could get ourselves into. There was money in them tools!!!

I still do that to this day. If the project can't afford a tool, it'll wait. I have never bought anything but the best, and as a result I have everything I've gathered and it all works great. I'm super anal about caring for them, replacing parts, keeping them clean and serviced, plumbed and squared, or whatever they need. That's why they last.

The story aside, I thought it was funny when I got so excited when I pulled this vise out of the box. It's a Jorgenson 13" opening quick-release front vise for my nesting workbench. I'll have two of them on there, this is the first one. Amazon didn't send the other, I have no idea why.
It is a gorgeous piece of metal, and although I already smashed my fingers with it, I still love it. I can't wait to get it mounted, but I don't have time right now. Soon though.