Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Illusione Epernay Le Petit

Just tried this cigar today. Cigar was purchased at West Coast Cigars in San Jose. The Best shop in San Jose area. Staff and regulars.
I figured I should do a review as the other thread I found on this stick was different from mine. Stick was paired with a Dr. Pepper. My understanding of this stick was that it was designed for the European Market.

The beginning of this stick was far from Dions usual sticks. The stick was mild and sweet in the first inch. There was even a twang reminded me of the CC twang many of us love. I discussed this with somone else who smokes CCs and they also noticed the twang in the first inch. Not his usual in your face spice bombs.

About here the flavors became more traditional Nic Illusione

That said they were more subtle then say the mk and with a slight sweetness still. As the cigar progressed the sweetness faded and the cigar reminded me more and more of a traditional illusione just softer and cleaner.

The last 1.5 inch reminded me more of an mk but just turned down a touch. The cigar smoked perfect with a lot of smoke. The ash was not as strong as you would expect and was a mix of grey and white. I smoked this stick till my fingers and lips could take no more. I have never smoked an illusione to this point or any NC outside of a Padron 80th.

I cant recommend this stick enough. I love CC's and know this is more of a CC board as evidenced by the CC section listing vendors and this section is more of a big pot. While I find myself smoking fewer and fewer NCs these days, this stick was very very good. I definetly prefer it to some PC from some CC manufacturers. Full flavor but never overpowering. Not to strong of a dose of nicotine either.

If you get a chance to smoke this stick dont pass it up. The 50 cabs make it a little tough to buy a box. Thats my only gripe.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote