View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #1232
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
I've actually started a bit down this path, with the intent of going 10 gls. I need to get one more keg, to cut into a keggle, then it's on.
I have that half-barrel AB keg sitting in my brewhouse, not sure if I'm ever going down the 10 gallon path. Maybe we can work out a deal. Do you know anyone with a plasma cutter?

Don't beat yourself up over your Dominion Cup results. It was your first comp, and this year's event was huge. 520+ entries, that's almost as big as one of the regional qualifiers for Nationals. Lots of high quality entries, too, I think everyone was vying for the Best of Show award: having their recipe brewed by Hardywood for entry in the GABF Pro-Am. Pretty sweet deal.

I'm pleased with my results, had 5 entries that I thought were strong contenders and 2 "experimental" brews that the judges didn't like at all. The maibock (which won a silver in Delaware) and a rauchbier both scored in the high 30s, but didn’t place; a Cream Ale (41) and my Bell's Two-Hearted IPA clone (40) both took Honorable Mention. I'm really pumped about my rosemary honey saison--Bronze medal in the Fruit/Spice category with 41 points. I got the recipe from a guy in the club, and he entered his version as a Belgian Specialty and also scored a Bronze.

When beers scoring 40 points don't even place, you know it's a tough competition.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote