View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #40
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
The reason you hadn't seen anything when he said that back in November is that nobody cared, as many teams manipulate the ball to their QB's preference even if that preference is not allowed by the rules. But it's suddenly a big deal when the Patriots do it because...? Here's a link: http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-li...too-1680676328

Generally speaking, I thought that NFL fans had come to the collective, unspoken agreement that we recognize that just about every team is cheating in some way, and we were going to ignore it. Kind of how fans of high-level professional cycling have collective agreed to ignore that everyone's doping. And also how we've collectively agreed to ignore the fact that the performers in our chosen entertainment - football - are causing permanent, debilitating damage to their bodies and minds.
I, for one, have not signed on to cheating in any sport. My personl feeling is that, if the individual or team cheats, they should be punished.

The Patriots have a known and highly publicised cheating record, therefore they should be looked at closely and punished as severly as the rule books allow for repeat offenses. The same should be followed for first time offenders.