View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #26
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Looks like the NFL has determined that 11 of the 12 game balls were under inflated. Did this have an effect on the outcome of the game? I don't think so since the Colts played like crap, but no one will ever know. Will they get fined? Minimal fine and possible loss of a first round draft pick. Slap on the wrist if you ask me.

You can try to reason the facts away any way you like (air temp, etc.), but 11 balls under inflated by at least 2 lbs each? Really?
Bottom line is, if it is determined that the Pats did this intentionally it really doesn't surprise me. They are and have been cheaters (well documented) for a bunch of years now. Disgusting.
I would think the consistency would go far to illustrate the point. Ever bring an inflated balloon outside in the cold? Thinking about it, would not the Colts also gain any benefit imparted by the under-inflated balls they were both using?