View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Good burley to blend with Macbaren Virgina?

I am going to have to agree with the pipe and cigars butternut burley i think its under scottys blends in the bulk section also while at the website take a peak at hearth and homes burley cake<We start with four different types of Burley, the aforementioned Tennessee and Kentucky, plus two different premium white Burleys. Then we add a red Virginia for a maple-like sweetness. The aroma is mellow and pleasant, and the taste is lightly sweet with a large volume of smoke.>, tastes good and not as sweet as the butternut. If you want that distinct nut taste. I also ordered 4 oz. of nutty irishman <Imagine a bottle of Frangelico and a bottle of Irish Mist having a head on collision and you'll have an idea of the flavor and aroma of Nutty Irishman>from Cornell & Diehl once and really enjoyed it. I had a .5 oz sample of this once and can't remember how mixed it was since you alreaDY want to use a Virginia you don't wanna under power the burley if your pipe smoking it . but if your rolling it in a tube for the pipe cigarette taste it would be a good blend. Hearth & Home LJ Heart Burley A light, naturally sweet blend created for renowned pipemaker, Lannes Johnson, who selected this mixture to send as a sample to his pipe customers. Two diff- erent types of nutty Burley are laced with an unusual cube cut Virginia and a Burley-based natural toasted Black Cavendish for a splash of non-flavored sweetness. Now available to the general public for the very first time. If you're looking for an all-day blend that isn't wet or overly sugary, give this one a try.

Like I said all flavors depend on how much virginia your gonna blend yourself into it, I myself have a favorite blend with virginia's and hearth and homes anniversary cake that I havn't recreated lately due to smoking/blending it oodles for 2 years. But blending with and base tobacco like virginas or blue,red ribbon tobbacos you don't wanna over base it if you still want that great pipe aroma/taste going in your bowl and empowering smelly white smoke that i myself enjoy.
CoreyD is offline   Reply With Quote