Old 03-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
SSDVC
Life is short, Relax

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
SSDVC is on a distinguished road
Default Bead Question

Ok, I have read all I can for right now, so I have to ask. As I have stated before, I am cheap. I got the Edgestar today for $120, with free shipping. Wife was OK with that. Then, because the credit card still looked dusty, I bought some drawers from Chuck. I told my wife I spent another $150 and now she is looking at shoes online.

Anyway, I am going to need humidification and I get it that beads are the way to go. I will slowly (as time and money permits) fill my dor with some decent sticks. I don't want to be bothered with constantly checking to make sure I am at 65%. I have priced out Heartfelt (1lb @ $30), Shilala (1lb @ $50) and Cigarmony (1lb @ $32).

I have been told that I will need between 2.5 and 3 lbs of beads for my Edgestar 28. I bought 2 single and 2 double glass topped and solid bottom drawers and two shelves.

Will I have to buy separate bead packs for each draw? Will this be in addition to the 2.5-3 lbs of beads you would normally need?

What would be my best buy for the long run? I am trying to watch my pennies and keep the wife from one upping me at Zappos. However, I want to do this once.

Thank you
SSDVC is offline   Reply With Quote