View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #28
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Your favorite album

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimmie Back My Bullets

Being born 'n bred in the South, I love rock n' roll and blues. Southern rock is the ultimate combination of both with lyrics that express our experience and way of life. Needless to say, Skynyrd is the quintessential Southern rock band.

When most people think Skynyrd, and Southerners are no exception, they think Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama (maybe Gimmie Three Steps and Curtis Lowe) but the Gimmie Back My Bullets album is Skynyrd and Van Zant at full maturity. "Trust, ""Every Mother's Son," and "All I Can Do Is Write About It."

The later song is my favorite Skynyrd song period. It's a beautiful song about the South's natural, rural, beauty. If you like Skynyrd and haven't heard "All I Can Do Is Write About It" you need to!!! Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGQvKU8Iaz4