Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #252
ODLS1
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
ODLS1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dark Lord Day 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
Ok, this sounds insane. Where in KY are you again!? If you have people down for the 100th batch, do let me know!!

I'm often down in Louisville and Lexington for work and always looking for more people to herf with. I'll actually be in Louisville all next week (Mon-Sun) doing events during Derby week. Hit me up if your in the area.
I am currently in Lexington but from Louisville. Moving back to Louisville in June. Maybe I can throw something together this summer once I get settled in my new house. Hoping I can find a nice one for a nice price. That 100th batch won't be for a couple months or more anyway, but a nice get-together for it sounds like a good idea. We can enjoy it's smaller brother (Monolith, the 16% abv stout), along with plenty of other brews. It will be an alll day brew, since I will be doing 2 more beers off that same mash. 2nd runnings should yield another big Stout. 3rd maybe an Extra Stout, not sure. I'll let you and other know when I figure things out.

I was thinking about this earlier, as much as I want to smoke cigars at DLD, I will be trying so many awesome beers I don't want to wreck my palette with some cigars. I love pairing the two, but this is a little different. I can't wait though. I may bring one for later in the day.
ODLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote