View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re-Upped my Cigar Oasis (picture intensive)

Well, thanks to Hazman i am now using active hydration.

Then, thanks to SeanGAR i am now cooking with gas. He let me know about some hydration crystals that i could find at a local craft store.

Here's the Idea:

People claim that unwanted fungle infections can occur to the original cigar oasis' foam core. So i figured that i needed to switch to something that had less of a risk of mold, and would work equally as well.

The best part is... I NEVER have to buy another oasis cartridge. I will simply buy 2 bucks worth of hydro crystals and put them in this now emptied cartridge.

This is the last cartridge you'll ever have to buy!!

Anyhow, i wanted to take you through the process that i blindly kinda "made up".

We start off with the two packages.

The "Cracked ice" was 5.99 and it makes 2.5 gallons. The Water jewels were 99 cents and are for 1 gallon... so i bet the 99 cents jobber will last 1-2 years. BOOM.

OK, now, how we started off. I took Seans advice and broke up all the material in the old cartridge.. and ran water through it to expell the broken chunks. 25 minutes later, worked like a charm.

Here are the two poking/crushing utensils..

And here is a piece of the floral foam. i didnt see any mold. But, i wanted to make sure that it never happens!

Here are the water jewels. they are perfectly round, not chipped or rugged.