View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #31
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Basic Coffee Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
That's interesting. My tap water is no where near acceptable for coffee, so I use the RO faucet on the sink. I use that water for everything. But I don't think RO water has minerals in it.
RO water does not.

Having been a "water guy" (selling RO, iron treatment and softeners) and having some training and certs in it, I remember at least a little bit
People who will try to tell you "RO is bad for you" probably don't have a smidgen of actual knowledge or training, but may have read some creative intrawebz sites.

Filtered water is good. It will take out off flavors, some chemicals, turbidity, improving taste and aesthetics. Change those filters out, and sanitize the system if possible, at regular intervals if allowed by design of the equipment.

I use RO for all consumables, ice to cooking to coffee. I have been told my coffee doesn't suck, to paraphrase more than a compliment or two fired my way.