Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookajoe View Post
Well, I currently have Macs so the best option was to get Windows 7 so I could run those programs on my current machines. For a new purchase, I would still get a Mac because for 90% of what I do (graphic design, audio and video editing, etc.) Macs are just more pleasant to use. So far Windows 7 seems stable but my previous experience with Windows (always had PC laptops for work) was that it's glitchy and simply required to much attention. As Jordan put it, it's the "comfort of a stable OS".
No no no.

Comfort of a stable OS in comparison to a Linux distro that you have to tweak to your needs. I find no issue with Windows as a stable OS, but I keep my Windows OS Stable.

I love Windows and I use it often. But for the sake of the tools I need to accomplish my scholastic tasks on campus or at home. The Mac OS X provides a more stable experience to what I would have to do to Linux to make it run similar tasks.

For everything else, I use a PC, though lately I find it annoying to sit at my desk, so I often just sit on my couch with the Mac. I wouldn't call that biased, because if the laptop ran Windows, I'd use it too. I just like the couch
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote