Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Your opinion entirely, not fact. You may feel having a high powered laptop is waste, but I don't. And I don't consider my laptop a disposable asset, my netbook maybe, but not a laptop that cost over 1k. Maybe when the day comes that i'm making JE3146 money i'll look at it differently, and a grand won't mean so much to me lol. And netbooks are great, but too small and underpowered to do serious work.

My best advice is to go to a Best Buy or some other place that has demo machines and play with a win7 machine. It sounds like you already know macs to some extend, but if not go hit up the kiosk in Best Buy or your nearest apple store. Try them both out, weigh the costs, and pick what you like. I use a mac and a win7 pc everyday, and my netbook runs linux. Each has a different use, but I can't say that I like one over the other. Each has things I like and dislike about it, it just boils down to personal preference.

if only you knew how much money I make right now (I'll give you a hint.. I'm a student)

In my career, a laptop is a tool, so I treat it as such. I apologize if my view like that offends, but it's no different than a toolbox to a mechanic.

In regards to serious work that depends on the work. I can do more with a command line than most can do with a GUI.

Command lines don't need much horsepower ... typically.. but if that's the case, I'll utilize my server for processing power.

But it will all boil down to your needs of a laptop, which I understand.. but from my point of view and my opinion. That's what a laptop is and should be capable of. Heck I find gaming on a PC overrated now as well. I'll take a console, a comfy couch and a large flatscreen over a desk chair that I sit in far too much as it is already.

Last edited by JE3146; 12-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote