Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #73
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookajoe View Post
You can have both Windows and OS X on a MacBook using BootCamp.
As long as you are not doing anything taking significant advantage of the onboard video processing primarily new graphically intensive games you can run Windows in an emulator like Vmware Fusion or Parallels and have the best of both worlds simultaneously without having to boot into bootcamp. Many of the games you can run on boot camp. Essentially anything but the most high end games. You can also run a linux virtual machine on either of the emulators as well.

If money is not an option Macs tend to be more future proof than PC's. Meaning they last longer before they are obsolete. My wife is still using a five year old MacbookPro and for photo editing, internet, email, documents etc... 95% of what she does on a computer it is holding up fine with just a memory upgrade. We did end up upgrading her machine only because I had one come to me through work.

If money is a concern pc's definitely are better bang for buck. Also for people used to windows there is no reason to retrain them to a new OS.

There is not a "right" answer just whatever works for you.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote