View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Question for you Traeger owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaDooley View Post
Duane, I started rep'ing Traeger's in the early 90's, bought me first Texas BBQ in 94. I would say that the digital T-stats hold at plus or minus 5 or better, depending on how dirty the probe gets. 35 hours on a 20 # bag seems like a good average, depending on how YOU cook and which pellets YOU use. Now stfu and go buy one Bro, ya know ya want one!
I wish it was that easy. If I was working, I would have ordered one yesterday. I won't be done with school until May and then have to take the NCLEX exam to get an RN job before I can splurge on luxuries like this.

I also checked out a buyers guide of various other brands. Looks like Green Mountain, IPT, and Sawtooth make units of comparable size/price without getting into the outrageously priced stuff. I have a Weber 22.5 WSM and would love to trade that and some cash towards a used pellet smoker in good condition especially.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote