View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #20
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Padron 3000 Maduro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
That's a very interesting point I hadn't considered. I wasn't doubting your first post, btw. It certainly sounds like you have experience on your side. Thanks for the lesson.
I know you weren't doubting my post, I simply provided more facts. Weather is always a big factor with any agricultural crop and both grapes and tobacco are more "sensitive" to show the effects as there is no margin for error.

Another point to add is that reading through TNs posted on the board it is clear to me that a number of people mistake "pepper" notes for unripe tannins in some cigars. 5 Vegas Miami blend is one of them, what people think is "pepper hit" is actually very nasty, green and seriously unripe tannins. Smoke one and see for yourself.

I would not put Padron in that same group. Are they unripe to the point of being bad? Not in my opinion. But they also could use some more ripeness to reach the levels of pleasure they used to deliver in the '90s. I keep buying a few Padrons in different vitolas from time to time to see how they are doing, but so far I am in full agreement with the OP in the thread, they are OK smokes, but that is all there is.

At least the prices are fine and holding steady for a long time by now, and I applaud them for that. I just wish they made just a bit more of an effort.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote