View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1792 Flake - Gawith's Nicotine Nuke

I considered this tobak carefully after a couple of bowls but the jury is still out. My first blush opinion is, it went from "weird" to "wow" over a period of 30-minutes. It could just as easily fall back to weird before I finish a tin. I almost dumped the first bowl after five minutes; I was worried the intensely floral-musky flavor would screw up a perfectly good briar. If it hadn't been burning so perfectly I might have dumped it.

Time passed and I smoked more slowly - the flavor started to pique my interest. By the end of a bowl I was in a sort of "wow" mode but, with unanswered questions hanging in the air as heavily as the pungent, cloying odor of fired Tanzanian leaf soaked in tonka berry juice. Dag... Just dag. What to say - what to say.

I will have to think on this matter for a while. This 1792 Dark Kendall Flake comes with a hump you have to get over before you'll see sunshine on the other side of the mountain.