Thread: Jameson Orange
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 07:56 PM   #14
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jameson Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Personally, I enjoy a good Irish whiskey...Jameson isn't One of them. In fact, there are many that are far superior and the less expensive. I do have a friend however who has dabbled in the different "finishes" for Jameson, and at his house for cigars, he won't ask me what I'd like to drink, he just pours it, especially when he's trying to get me to sample something he knows I probably won't like. Thankfully they are usually small pours. I cannot say I enjoy any of the other jamesons. When somebody says an Irish whiskey is blended to be used in a mixed drink, all I can do is roll my eyes.
When 2020 closures forced me to stay home for a few weeks, I picked up some Tullamore Dew.. Drank that straight.

But when things got back to near normal, finding a place that both allowed cigars AND had better Irish than Jameson was a challenge. Still is. And for me, staying home feels like involuntary confinement.