View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:08 PM   #25
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
MitchellMcgarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Health Update

Greetings Cigar Asylum family,

My name is Mitchell McGarr and I know Bruceolee aka Jason Crum personally. I’m actually the Youth Pastor at Grace Emmanuel Church in Port Saint Lucie, FL which is the church Jason and his parents have attended for many years. Jason and I became very good friends in the last 2 years.

This absolutely rips my heart out to post to Jason’s Cigar Asylum family: Jason Crum passed away in the wee hours of the morning, Sunday, April 10th, 2022. He’s had his physical ailments that have been well documented. An autopsy hasn’t been concluded yet so we don’t know specifics in regard to cause of death, and as soon as I have further information, I’ll report that to everybody on the forum.

All I know is what you know: what he’s been battling physically and what he posted on April 7th, he shared with me via text message. He had a wonderful steak dinner with his family, Saturday April 9th and when his parents went to wake him up to attend church on April 10th, he was deceased.

I must relay this to all of you: Jason truly cared about each one of you. As a matter of fact, the last time Jason and I had lunch together before his passing, he talked at length about his Cigar Asylum family, how much you all meant to him, and how you all have got him through such difficult times. Even though I don’t personally smoke cigars, I want to carry on Jason’s legacy on this forum and to contribute to this forum from time to time in memory of Jason.

Jason’s dad also wanted me to let you all know about the memorial service in case you are all somehow able to attend: I know it’ll be a long drive for some of you, so of course his parents understand if you can’t attend, but you all are invited:

Jason Crum’s memorial service
Saturday, May 28th at 4 PM
Grace Emmanuel Church
Port Saint Lucie, FL

If you can’t make it, if you’d like any words shared, his parents wanted me to let you know to share those words and memories, and I’ll pass it on as part of the service in the eulogy I’ll be giving to commemorate this godly man’s life. I’ve never seen anybody honor and love his parents as much as Jason Crum. Like the Apostle Paul, I’m sorrowful, yet rejoicing.

Sorrowful because I miss my big brother and our lunches together and texting encouraging words and scriptures to each other. This man was my prayer warrior and held me up daily in prayer. I’ll never be able to repay him.

Rejoicing because my brother is in Heaven. No more suffering, no more pain. Restored in the presence of Jesus Christ. I will see him again some day and when I do, we will be worshiping Christ together.

In honor of Jason, I now consider you all at Cigar Asylum, my family. Any further questions you have, feel free to ask and I’ll answer them. I grieve with each one of you during this time. I’ve done my crying and then some. Jason Crum was truly one of a kind. As kind hearted and sincere as they come.
MitchellMcgarr is offline   Reply With Quote