View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #37
GoatLocker
Dr of Quantum Inebrionics

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Cohiba Navy (Active)
GoatLocker has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Large cabinet humidor, humidification suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawdtsi View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Since budget is an issue right now, I'm going the cigarmony bead route. I just ordered 3 lbs, to add to my 2 8oz bags I already have. I hope these help, if not I will invest in a good electric to supplement the beads.

My biggest concern is that. Live in Phoenix, and even keeping my old 300ct desktop above 65 rh was a challenge in the summer, we see single digit humidity come July...

Currently the humidor is around 45% and very slowly climbing. When I got the cabinet it was in a garage so I'm sure the cedar was about as dry as it gets. I suspect this will take a week or two to properly season.

Will adding some oust fans help season? Perhaps the airflow will help push the dw I have at the bottom around a bit better?

Thanks again!

-Bill

Like Dave said, that humi is too big for Oust fans. One of the benefits of the electronic systems is most have a fan controller built in to move air around. My Avallo kicks on circulation fans for a few minutes every hour to keep the humidity even throughout the cabinet. If you want to go with beads, you should invest in an electric timer and mount some small fans to do the same in your cabinet. That is what I do in my wine cooler.