View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2

I recently smoked the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #1 and the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #3, today was the day that I decided to light the third La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial that recently hit the Dutch market and how surprising, this is the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2, a 4 ⅞x48 robusto. Just like the others, this La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2 is made from Nicaraguan tobacco with an Ecuadorian wrapper and it is the same cigar as the La Aroma de Cuba edicion especial, only with a different name for Europe. The price of this baby is € 6.00

The cigar looks good with the smooth light brown, oily and shiny wrapper with the silky feel. The construction feels good, although it is a little soft. The predraw is easy with a peppery aftertaste. The cigar doesn't have much of a smell.

I taste a spicy coffee flavor with some earth. The flavors are smooth. After a quarter of an inch I taste the earthy flavor, leather and some herbs, all mildly sweet. The flavors are sweet and medium bodied.

After a third I taste herbs and the cigar slowly gets stronger. I also taste some cinnamon. The flavors remain smooth and medium strong. I miss the expected Don Pepin Garcia pepper twang. After two thirds I taste wood with cinnamon, still smooth.

This cigar lasted me an hour and ten minutes. I got a lot of thick smoke. The ash is pepper and salt colored and firm. The draw and burn are good. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a good late morning, early afternoon cigar.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10