View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pipe Smoker Survey

Joe, i agree that when it was "bought" and the name changed, it sucked on many levels. but i don't see how relates to the heart and soul of that pipe forum, which was carried on by those that stayed and still remains to this day.
just because ownership/name changed doesn't mean that the people who remained and continued on with what we started have changed to go along with it.
have you been over there to see just how busy that place is? there are a lot of people over there, much more than when we were there. i posted over there for the first time in probably 2-3 months yesterday.

maybe i was out of the loop at the time of the "sale" because i had already stepped down as a mod there half a year prior, but i wasn't "treated" any differently by anyone over there.

aside from some people who were treated badly, of which i was not one and never gave them a reason to be treated badly, what does that have to do with the level of activity in the pipe forums, the knowledge that is still passed on in a friendly and on-topic manner?

sorry, but i, and the older members that got that area going (yourself included), put a good amount of time in making that place one of the best on the net for pipe discussions. i get pride in knowing that something i had a hand in is now regarding highly enough through the entire pipe community to even be listed in the same question as the like of Tobacco Reviews and Smokers Forums. whether it's now called "p*ff" or "CS", it's still the same people with the same heart and soul.

you think i have any interaction with the current owner? i don't give a rip about him...

again, I wasn't treated poorly, didn't deserve to be, so i wasn't. there is plenty of blame to go around in that entire fiasco (some ppl acted like little children, took their cues from established members who also acted like little children and didn't have anything better to do than to go over there and cause problems - not saying who, cuz i don't give a fVck and have forgotten - and they did their fair share of retaliation and instigation), NONE of which has anything to do with the fact that it is STILL one of the best forums for pipe related discussions.

so, aside from what happened during the buyout/name change, did the pipe forums change along with it? no.
they continue with the foundation we laid down, it continues to grow and is one of the premier spots on the net for pipe discussions, something of which i'm proud of.

if you remove how you were "treated", or anyone that you know, and just look at it from the perspective i mention in the paragraph above, you may feel the same way i do. if you can't put that out of your mind, then i would only expect you to feel disgust when seeing that "name" being portrayed in a positive light.

i put a lot of time into that area, if it were called Nancy's Pipe Blowers now, i wouldn't care. i know what i did in my time there, the pipe forums were a great place to be, helpful, friendly, and it grew and grew... it continues to this day... so if it were still "CS", i'd still feel the same amount of pride when it gets national attention, cuz i know i had a hand in laying the foundation that it is built upon.
if you can't see my stance, there's nothing more i can say to explain it.