View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JoePa Statue coming down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
What evidence are we waiting for? A statement from Paterno perhaps? Are they planning a seance? One of his coaches raped little boys for 10 years... I can't imagine what you would need beyond that to take the guys statue down and cease all hero worship, but hey that's me.
The Freeh report was extremely biased. Its shows overwhelming information from the victims point of view (which I have no problem with, but it doesn't show Paternos side...only that of the decision made my those with the decision making authority). Paterno family investigation is ongoing as we speak. Will shed a different light on perspective based from JoePas side, showing that he clearly notified his chain of command (school officials) and that the final decision did not lie in his hands. Did he do what was required of him? Yes...he reported information to his superiors. Could he have done more??? Definitley....once the school administration didn't react, he should have taken it to authorities. JoePa did nothing criminal. He did not witness the crime, he was told about it. Should the janitors who saw the crime and did absolutely nothing face a form of penalty as well? What about the asstistant coach who went home and told his father...then waited a few days before letting Paterno know?

Was it Paterno who raped the boys? No...but here we go again, quick to judge Paterno based on media information. So to make sure I understand your point of view...since Paterno was the head football coach, actions of one his coaches were his fault? Since Sandusky was a pedofiler...Paterno must be involved? Come on man!!!

So Paternos 46 year tenure has come to this? IMHO, this is very sad. Not nearly as sad as the abuse the victims were subjected too. But I personally believe the blame cannot be layed on Paterno for the actions of a troubled man.

Compelling arguements can me made for both sides on this case. Bottom line up front is that the victims MUST be taken care of and Sandusky must pay for his crimes. In the wake of the aftermath of this tragic event, mudslinging, finger pointing and passing the buck are happening around the clock. While sad, the times we live in show that you can do 1,000 great things...but people will only remember you for the ONE mistake you make (Paterno for not going to the authorities).

This being the great nation that it is...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited by kelmac07; 07-22-2012 at 08:21 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote