View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cigars that are already aged and ready to smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnStogie View Post
Heard that NC's typically do not age all that well, though everyones taste is different.

CC's on the other hand typically have to be rested from what I am told. Have not been in the game long enough with CC's but this is from research.

I am inadvertently ageing cigars since my collection is growing more rapidly than I am smoking
I had an NC the other day that was misplaced for a few years and it was ten times better than it was when new(er.) I won't argue with your comment about Cubans, because I generally believe it to be true.

But, while there certainly are some non-Cubans that don't age particularly well (to me) - the list is very, very short.

It is so very, very hard to generalize about NC's for a number of reasons: much NC tobacco undergoes significant aging long before it ever gets rolled; NC boxes almost never have dates, so you don't ever really know how old they are; wrapper, binder and filler could all be vastly different ages when rolled and from entirely different parts of the world, complicating the age-effect predictability. At risk of generalizing, I'd venture to say that I find that when I detect a certain, often subtle, harshness in NC's, they ALWAYS will benefit from a long nap (to me, that means 9 months or longer....up to years.)