Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone tried Aqua Gems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
So people use both gel and silica or clay beads? Being that the gel provided the humidity while the "beads" keep it set?
Some do. The HCM (clay) beads work a bit differently than the silica beads, and I seem to recall Scott (Shilala) saying at some point that it's not a good idea to mix his beads with gel.

I've also seen HF beads placed into humidors where the primary source of humidification is an active humidifier - cigar oasis, hydra, humi-care electronic, habitat monitor, moist-n-aire, avallo accumonitor, Bob Stabell's set-n-forget, etc... Why? Simple, active humidifiers are very good at raising humidity, but I have yet to see one which incorporates a dehydrator to lower it when necessary.

Look, here's the deal with humidification: there is NO absolute single definitive right way/product, but there are a lot of WRONG ways/products.

There are a lot of known good products out there that can be trusted, most with some unique characteristics and properties since they all work differently. Certain products might work better for one person who lives in a certain climate zone while not working well at all for someone else, with a different humidor, in a different climate zone.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote