F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone tried Aqua Gems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
...Seeing as how some have commented that my risk is larger than I think. What kind of risk am I looking at going with these instead of cigar specific beads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

You're misusing or misunderstanding what "beads" are. "Beads", in the cigar humidification sense are a solid, rigid, often silica based, humidity control medium that comes in the shape of tiny beads (1/16" diameter or so) that functions as a 2-way humidity control substance - it both releases and absorbs moisture to maintain a certain pre-set humidity level.
HCM Beads are different from both the Aqua Gems and Heartfelt beads. They are much smaller (about .5 to 1mm in diameter) and are made of clay (rather than a polymer); they absorb as well as release humidity (as does Heartfelt).

The HCM beads can be set to any desired RH. While I am certainly biased toward the HCM beads (Shilala's Beads), both products are good and will do the job for you.

The risk you are taking with your cigars getting moldy by using Aqua Gems is IMHO too great.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote