MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't know why, but it annoys me how big of a deal ESPN is making this. It's not like the writing wasn't already on the wall. Further, outside of a select few (Dan Marino, Walter Payon, and Barry Sanders come to mind) the all-time greats don't start and finish their professional football career with the same team.

I think we all saw this coming and unfortunately few players in this day and age of free agency and salary cap start and finish their career on the same team. I didn't believe for a second the initial reports that said the Colts would keep Manning and Luck on the roster for a year or two.

I think Peyton is a GIANT question mark right now. How healthy is he really? Is he going to get any healthier with time? How injury prone is he at this point in his career? I think he'll land somewhere and get a contract HEAVY with incentives and a smaller than he's used to base salary. I'd be shocked if he came back the same player he was in the past but he'll probably still be a decent QB and better than some options teams currently have on their rosters.