View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #52
Hardcz

Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

This cigar is a larger ring gauge maybe 48 and about 7 inches long. it has a smooth papery wrapper, looks to be a decent looking smoke, good draw and light aroma.

First thought is it's tobacco, it's not too bad, has a little bit of an untasty flavor on the middle back of my tongue, not too harsh, just barely there.

About an inch in, it's still semi harsh, though it tastes dry, and like something burning...no pun intended. No real flavors other than some tobacco and something I'm trying to figure out.

So making my way into the stick, about 1/4 way through, and the slight dry burn in the back of my throat is there, reminded of that smoking recipts again. I wish this cigar had flavor but all I get is a very subtle pepper with tobacco then it's gone, leaving a slight taste of what I imagine that tar would be.

Well something I just wanted to point out, this ash is sticking on quite well, I don't trust it past an inch, but hell this cigar seems to have some pretty good construction. Now only if the taste wasn't void of any real flavor it'd be great. At this point I'm going to suspect that there really won't be any flavor other than the dry burning tobacco with the hint of pepper. I'm sad, but I guess this is one of Silound's "Worst cigars ever"

Also for reference I'm letting the cigar rest about 2-3 minutes between puffs to try to keep it cool. At this point I can't just drink the water, so I ordered my old friend, meet Tall Guinness.

So the Guinness might be helping... there's an ever subtle hint of a sweetness, like that if you've ever tasted flower petals, though it's quickly overshadowed with the burning tobacco and hints of pepper.

So I'm not hitting the Guinness hard, to keep the cigar profile alive, but really I have to from time to time because I get this slimey nastiness that needs to be washed away. One dimensional, I'm feeling... warm, and not so good....

Ok seriously this is starting to get bad. Has an almost sour taste to it, pepper is kicking up, though strangely enough there is little after taste, just that nasty sourness now.

Holy crap this must be a great cigar.....*cough* Because my mouth is burning and I have a pinch in the back of my throat, hurts just a little. For a brief moment it tasted almost like the toasted flavor in roasted nuts, but then was gone and I was overshadowed with hot burning swill from the battlefields of an ancient civilization.

Seriously I'm trying, but with every puff, this is getting worse. I have a disgusting tar, tobacco, burning *pepper* sour note in my mouth. I'm going to put this down. It's got maybe 1-2 inches I could smoke...but why go through that much suffering.... this is bad...

Downing some Guinness now.... ok that's a little better....

And as a chaser I brought along a RASS.

Getting a nice mellow well rounded flavor. it's not quite creamy...but almost there, has a good tobacco flavor, not harsh in the slightest, very smooth, slight toasty flavors with a hint of hazelnut.... oh yea wrong place...

Thanks bro for that dog rocket.... I'm cringing at the next one...now to go read the other review and what you thought of it...

And for your viewing pleasure, the progression of the smoke....